Tuesday 4 June 2013

Breast is Best? or Bottle is Better... for me anyway.

This guy loves to eat.


Some remember that when Easton was born he had a tounge tie.

This resulted in a really tough transition to breast feeding.

I got frustrated very quickly by a baby that didn't like to breast feed, I felt like something was wrong with me. Why couldn't I feed my baby? didn't I have a nice enough rack? (LOL)

I was very blessed by my job to have great enough benefits to get a hospital grade pump. 

After weeks of fighting, I started to pump my milk out and give it to my baby in bottles.






Things are already better... but pumping exclusively is HARD WORK. 

I literally need to pump 8 times a day. and if I don't, I have a chance of my milk becoming less, and me not being able to feed my baby what I want to give him the most. 

It is also quite touchy to exclusively pump... you are not allowed to shake the bottles if they separate, there is a schedule of times you can leave bottles out-in the fridge-in the freezer etc. You have to warm them but NOT microwave them... don't warm too much, you cant reuse once you've given a bottle... cleaning pump attachments 100x a day...AH!

So between pumping 8 times a day, and feeding my baby every 3 hours... life is a little... busy right now ... but life goes on! I cannot imagine doing anything else (*insert eyeroll here*)

xx - r

No comments:

Post a Comment