Monday 3 November 2014

ILU sleep.


Dear sleep, I know we've had our problems in the past…

But I love you. 


I honestly have a hard time reflecting on the last week. For whatever reason, Hudson decided that the only place he likes to sleep is directly ON me. actually, forget sleep…. he just always wants to be held. I am constantly reminding myself how lucky I am to have a baby that wants me to hold him and cuddle him, Its not going to last long. I know this. but it really doesn't make me less tired. 

Probably my favourite purchase of my baby making life has been our leather lazy-boy recliner. it has paid its weight in reclined sleeps and rocks to sleep and pumping times and milk and vomit being wiped off of it. I have a real gratitude for that chair, I hope to keep it long enough to some day really lounge in my leather lounge chair. 

The last 2 nights we broke down and had the little guy in bed with us. The first night was amazing. He slept 5 hours and then ate and slept another 5 hours cuddled right up against me. 

Last night was not as good. He slept a couple hours and then I woke up to him kicking my face because he had wiggled himself sideways and out of his warm blankets. 

We went back to the chair in his room, after a while he was asleep again and I was able to put him in his playpen. Yes, Hudson is sleeping in a playpen right now. Were on the hunt for a bed for Easton so we can commandeer his crib for Hudson. But poor Easton loves his crib so much we just don't have the heart yet. 

On an Easton note:

We went to the doctor and his tests all came back okay!

His heart is good, the murmur is innocent and we will continue to monitor it. 
His hearing test came back with a bit of fluid in one of his ears, but they think it may be attributed to the cold he got the next day. Either way we need to go back to the heraring clinic because Easy is just a little too young to do a "real" hearing test where he can follow instructions when he hears a noise. so were going back probably when he is closer to two, and until then will be contacting our local health centre to set him up in a children's speech program. I don't know much about these things, Ive had a friend explain to me what her child went through in the program… And I have a feeling that the long road ahead of us will teach me a lot. 

Since the doctors appointment Easy has been OFF - its slowly progressed to him throwing up and other bodily undesirables for 4 days now. He doesn't have a fever so we keep thinking he's okay… then we end up with a kid half naked in the back of our car because he's vomited all over his pants. He has his first nasty virus and its NOT fun. 




We thought he was okay on Halloween day  and honestly I was SO excited to go out trick or treating and pass out candy! Growing up in the country and then living in apartments through college, I've never had people coming to my door for candy, this was the first year for it! 
We got easton in his adorable spider man costume and face timed his grandma Campbell to say hi. No longer than 2 minutes later, he was standing on the coffee table and projectile vomited everywhere. He looked at me, looked at grandma, then did it again. 

Yuck. 

After a bath, and some gravol he got to hand out some candy in his Pyjamas.

Hilarious. 

We got probably 200 pieces of candy, and he gave all of it to probably 20 people. every time the door would knock, he would run to the bowl, fill both hands and stand at the door until I opened it. He would throw the candy in the bags and then say "ga ga" while waving (his version of bye bye)

This one is a character: And yes, thats a lion costume over his PJ's in public. I'm that mom. 



It really was a fun halloween.

oh and we even went to a party! (sans Easton because he was in bed) - Look at us being people who go out and stuff!
and Im sure  I hope - you can guess what we were :)



Oh and I tried to make cookies!

Anyone interested in a Pinterest fail at its finest?

ta-DAH! - NAILED IT


I really had to laugh at myself over this one. I am well known by my husband at having the occasional domestic fail. This… was one of them. 

Another note about me, I am down another 1.6 pounds as of last Thursday. 

A total of 12.2 pounds and I'm officially out of the 170's! FOR GOOD!

current weight: 169.2


And finally

 I want to welcome November. I set some goals for this month for myself and my weight loss journey. Hopefully I can keep them. 

I would like to lose 10 pounds by my November 27th meeting and weigh in at - 160 or lower. This will mean I need to have some bangin' weigh ins in the coming weeks. 

To aid those weigh ins I also set a goal of doing 125 minutes of cardio a week. For a total of 500 minutes of cardio this month. 

And lastly I would like to be able to plank for 2 minutes. a lofty goal since 30 seconds gives me a run for my money right now… but I can do it. I'm sure. 

If you don't follow me on Instagram, you should! my username is itsonly_me_
That is, if you like seeing pictures of my kids and gym selfies… awk.



Welcome MOvember - lets get through this!


xx - r

No comments:

Post a Comment